Stress Management Course – Thursday 9th March
A course designed to help you understand what stress is and how to feel more confident in managing it.
This course will run for four sessions held on Thursday morning starting on Thursday 9th March at 10am until 12pm
The course will held at The Campus, Highlands Lane, W-s-M BS24 7DX
What is stress?
In order to decide whether you are experiencing stress, please read through the following list of symptoms. Does it describe how you feel, think and behave at this point in time?
- Feelings and emotions:
- Feeling sad or tearful
- Feeling worried or anxious
- Loss of confidence or self-esteem
- Feeling irritable or angry
- Headaches or other aches and pains
- Upset stomach
- Sleep problems or feeling tired
- Worrying or negative thoughts
- Thoughts of not being able to cope
- Difficulty making decisions
- Poor memory and concentration
- Taking on too much or trying to do several things at once
- Becoming irritable or aggressive towards others
- Doing less, staying in, avoiding situations
- Using alcohol/drugs/caffeine to cope
Please note: If you are not sure whether this course is suitable for you, or if you feel that your stress is part of a more complicated set of circumstances, then you may benefit from an assessment with us to see if we can offer more appropriate assistance. You can arrange an assessment by phoning us on 0300 300 0834.
What will the course involve?
- identify symptoms of stress (physical symptoms, emotions, thoughts, behaviours)
- understand how Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) works and how you can use it to alleviate the symptoms of stress
- learn techniques to change the behaviours and thoughts that are unhelpful and keep your stress going
- There will be things to practice between sessions; the more you put in, the more you will get out.
- The course will involve some group discussion, but nobody will be put on the spot or expected to speak, and we will not go into people’s personal problems. This is an educational class and not group therapy.
Course Booking Form
The Campus, Highlands Lane, W-s-M BS24 7DX
9 March 2017 at 10:00 am