Anxiety Management Course – Monday 13th March
The anxiety management course is designed to help you:
- identify symptoms of anxiety (physical symptoms, emotions, thoughts, behaviours)
- understand how Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) works and how you can use it to alleviate the symptoms of anxiety
- learn techniques to change the physical sensations, behaviours and thoughts that are unhelpful and keep your anxiety going
This course will run for four sessions held on a Monday Evening starting on 13th March, from 6.30pm – 8.30pm.
The course will be held at The Coast Resource Centre, Diamond Batch, Locking Castle, W-s-M, BS24 7FY
What is anxiety ?
In order to decide whether you are experiencing anxiety and might benefit from this course, please read through the following list of symptoms. Does it describe how you feel, think and behave at this point in time?
Feelings and emotions:
- feeling nervous, anxious or on edge
- being easily annoyed or irritable
- feeling scared or afraid
- feeling distressed
- sleep problems
- muscle tension
- feeling hot and sweaty
- feeling panicky
- losing confidence in yourself
- feeling out of control
- thinking that you might pass out
- thoughts that people are looking at you
- ‘what if…… ?’ thoughts
- worrying frequently about lots of different things and finding this hard to stop
- avoiding certain situations because of feeling too anxious to be able to cope
- not doing anything on your own
- carrying safety objects such as a bottle of water
- over-planning things
- avoiding going out
Please note: If you are not sure whether this course is suitable for you, or if you feel that your anxiety is part of a more complicated set of circumstances, then you may benefit from an assessment with us to see if we can offer more appropriate assistance. You can arrange an assessment by phoning us on 0300 300 0834.
What will the course involve?
The course will explore what anxiety is, how it develops, and what keeps it going. There will be things to practice between sessions which you are encouraged to do in order to get the most out of the course. The course will involve some group discussion but you will not be put on the spot or expected to speak if you don’t want to. We will not go into people’s personal problems. This is an educational class, and not group therapy.
Course Booking Form
Sorry, there is no longer availability for this course.
The Coast Resource Centre, Diamond Batch, Locking Castle, W-s-M, BS24 7FY
13 March 2017 at 6:30 pm