Dealing with Worry Course – Monday 6th March
A course designed to help you understand why you are feeling anxious/worrying and teach you a range of skills to deal with it.
This course will run for four sessions and is held on a Monday Morning on 6th March starting at 10am until 12pm.
The course will be held at Windmill House, Windmill Road, Kenn, Clevedon, BS21 6UJ
Please scroll to the bottom for the registration form.
Dealing with Worry and Anxiety
When worry and anxiety is far out of proportion to the actual likelihood or impact of the feared event. People find it difficult to keep worrisome thoughts from interfering with attention to tasks at hand and have difficulty stopping the worry. People suffering from this often worry about everyday routine life circumstances such as possible job responsibilities, finances, misfortune to their children, household chores, car repairs, or being late for appointments.
In order to decide whether you are experiencing these symptoms, please read through the following list. Does it describe how you feel, think and behave at this point in time?
- Feeling tired, lack of energy
- Muscle Tension
- Disturbed Sleep
- Stomach upsets
- Hypothetical and apprehensive thinking that usually start with a What if….
- Will I be able to cope with the unknown ( Intolerance of uncertainty)
- Positive beliefs about worry ( helps me to problem solve problems or worry prepares me for the future. )
- Negative beliefs ( All this worrying will make you ill)
- Worrying that is excessive and uncontrollable and interferes with everyday routines
- Difficulty making decisions
- Seeking reassurance from family and/or work colleagues
- Procrastinating ( putting things off)
Please note: If you are not sure whether this course is suitable for you, or if you feel that your worry and anxiety is part of a more complicated set of circumstances, then you may benefit from an assessment with us. To see if we can offer more appropriate assistance, you can arrange an assessment by phoning us on 0300 300 0834.
What will the course involve?
- Identifying symptoms of worry and anxiety (physical symptoms, emotions, thoughts, behaviours)
- understand how Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) works and how you can use it to alleviate the symptoms of worry and anxiety
- learn techniques to change the behaviours and thoughts that are unhelpful and maintain vicious cycle of worry and anxiety
- There will be things to practice between sessions: the more you put in – the more you will get out.
Course Booking Form
Windmill House, Windmill Road, Kenn, Clevedon, BS21 6UJ
6 March 2017 at 10:00 am